From designer kitchens to rustic kitchens depending on the materials, how can I make my kitchen cabinets shine? Well, kitchen cabinets are one of the fixtures that we use the most in the home. For that reason, keeping them clean and shining can take a lot of work. However, do not despair, today we will teach you how to clean and shine kitchen cabinets. Check out kitchen remodeling cabinets’ ideas as well.
For All Types Of Kitchen Cabinets:
We can easily polish the kitchen cabinets no matter what material they come from. We have to use a mixture made of liquid dish soap and warm water. Apply the mixture with a clean cloth on the outside of the cabinets and rinse with another clean cloth.
One of the benefits of this simple mix is that it removes light grease, food stains, and dust that quickly accumulates on kitchen cabinets. In addition, it can add shine to cabinets made from laminated plastic, painted wood, metal, and vinyl without damaging them.
How Can I Make My Kitchen Cabinets Shine? Cabinets With Tough Exteriors
Sometimes the kitchen cabinets’ exterior is so full of grease and dust that you must clean with unique products. It is best to buy a special commercial cleaner. Before using it, we have to read the instructions thoroughly and do a small test in an inconspicuous area.
We can also use an all-purpose cleaner to clean the dirt that we find. However, before using it, we have to do a little test to make sure it does not damage the finish of the kitchen remodeling cabinets.
Let It Shine! How To Get Started?
- The first thing we will do to get sparkling kitchen cabinets is by starting from the inside of the kitchen cabinets.
- Empty each one starting from the top. Also, remove the lining from the shelf.
- If we find breadcrumbs or any other residue, it is best to vacuum before starting to work on the interior.
- To clean the cabinet from the inside, we can use a mild detergent and warm water.
- Use warm water and a little soap applied with a clean and damp cloth.
- Once we finish cleaning the interior, we will have to leave the doors open for 1-2 hours to dry completely.
How Can I Make My Kitchen Cabinets Shine?
Lacquer Kitchen Cabinets
Laminate furniture is also very fashionable. It is easy to clean using a sponge dipped in hot water and a few drops of lemon. The, the go through the drying process from right to left. Use soft balls that do not have much fiber, and you will avoid scratches that you did not expect. The method is simple. It does not hurt to clean it once every six months for deep cleaning and shine.
Wood, Solid Or Plywood Kitchen Cabinets
The most common furniture in the kitchen will be wood or plywood, and for these, it is best to use a sponge soaked in hot water and vinegar. Rub and dry in the direction of the grain of the wood.
Glass Kitchen Cabinets
Glass kitchen cabinets are easy to clean with a sponge soaked in hot water with a few drops of the dishwasher. Dry with a sponge top to bottom.
How To Clean Hardened Grease Stuck On Kitchen Cabinets?
If you have tried to clean the grease stuck to the kitchen cabinets, and you have not been able to eradicate it, we will tell you how to do it in a fast and straightforward way.
You will need to:
- Vegetable oil
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Small brush for carving
- Rag or cloth
- Mix the oil with the bicarbonate to form a paste, which you will place in the areas where your furniture has grease.
- Immediately begin to rub with the brush until the fat is removed, we recommend that it be a toothbrush.
- After carving, clean the residues that come out with the damp cloth or cloth. You can do the same process with your entire furniture. You will notice that the surfaces begin to be cleaner and shinier.
Products To Avoid:
If you want to keep, your kitchen cabinets shine like new for longer avoid using:
- Scouring pads and abrasive products
- Ammonia, bleaches, and solvents
- Steam machines type steamers Call FGY for kitchen remodeling cabinets and solutions.